For treat cellulite and to eliminate it is important to have a good diet and exercise, in addition to following the tips that we detail in the prevention section.
It is necessary to take a healthy diet, low in fat, and ingest plenty of fluids. The salt should be taken in moderation, as it is advisable to avoid sausages and salted fish, and include in the diet fruits and natural condiments (lemon, garlic, parsley, aromatic herbs). In addition, to avoid large swallows, it is convenient to consume foods that are beneficial and beneficial to the organism, such as tomatoes, cabbage, lettuce, oranges and lemons, boiled eggs, peas, green beans, asparagus, mushrooms and the mussels.
As for physical exercise, the ideal would be to work those areas of the body that are prone to the accumulation of fats (abdomen, glutes, triceps).
Apart from these basic measures there are a number of treatments that can improve the problem of cellulite:
- Anti-cellulite creams: they must contain substances that are involved in microcirculation, fatty tissue and connective tissue. It is very important that they are applied correctly by performing an ascending and circular massage on the affected areas.
- Coumarin, ruscus, flavonoids and rutin are used in edematous and soft cellulite. In this type of cellulite is advisable the use of these draining substances, in the form of cold gels.
- Carnitine, artichoke extract and caffeine are reducing substances. The reducing creams with caloric effect are effective in those cellulite with large fat component. Although its use should be avoided in people whose skin shows a great flaccidity, in those who suffer from edematous cellulitis, and also in case they have altered the venous return.
- Anti-cellulite massage: they have to be applied by professionals, with perseverance, to obtain good results, especially in the case of edematous cellulitis.
- There are also some oral treatments which contain formulas similar to those of anti-cellulite creams.
Medical treatments for cellulite
Within the medical treatments to fight cellulite There are several alternatives:
- Liposuction: is aimed at eliminating localized cellulite. A preliminary examination of the quality of the skin is carried out to avoid later problems such as the 'corrugated sheet' effect, which can appear if the intervention has been carried out on skin that is not very flexible. The intervention itself consists of introducing a cannula into the affected area and aspirating the deep fat.
- Ultrasonic Liposculpture: the liquefaction of fat cells occurs through high frequency waves. After this, they are removed with a suction at low pressure. It is a better method for those flaccid areas such as the arms, the inner side of the thighs and the abdomen of older women.
- Endermology: It is a mechanical massage that performs the "fold, roll, unroll" method. This technique is applied mostly in localized cellulite and orange peel skin.
- Electrolipolysis: technique used for cellulite localized in thin women. Through up to four different types of electric currents, depending on their frequency and power, it is possible to burn the fat, eliminate the toxins, and tone the muscles of the skin again. It takes about two sessions per week for five weeks.
- Mesotherapy: painless microinjections of medication are administered in low doses. They are effective for the treatment of localized cellulite.
- Ozone therapy: Ozone therapy has many beneficial effects not only as a cellulite treatment. It is oxygenating, revitalizing, antioxidant, immunomodulatory, regenerative, analgesic, anti-inflammatory and germicidal.
Tips to prevent cellulite
To avoid having to resort to these treatments it is best to try to anticipate the appearance of cellulite. Although there are no magic solutions, maintaining healthy habits is more difficult to develop cellulite. These preventive measures are:
- Stop smoking, avoid coffee, alcohol, refined foods, fried and high fat, excessive salt intake and fiber deficit in the diet.
- Drink two liters of water daily.
- Exercise. Running or walking is highly recommended.
- Avoid the use of garments that fit too close to the body, shoes with high heels and bad postures.
- Controlling stress.
- Be careful with the use of contraceptives, as they favor fluid retention.