People are not born learning to manage the stress to turn it into eustress. There are courses or structured therapies that can teach you how to do it. stress management interventions some of the most widespread today. For your part, you can also introduce changes in your life that allow you to control bad stress by turning it into good stress. For this, here are six easy tips to put into practice:
- Control the negative thoughts that you have competition For example, instead of thinking of all you need to know to deal with a stressful situation, focus on what you already know and consider how to acquire the skills and knowledge you do not yet have.
- Try to be the first person you have to count on to take decisions important in your life. Do not believe in others that you consider stronger than you, nor delegate them. The first opinion is yours and you should always make your own decisions, since it will be you who will affect the positive or negative consequences of them.
- Do not magnify the problems; try to give a relative importance to things. It is very important, in addition, that you focus on how to solve problems rather than on how they are affecting you. For example, if you get along with a co-worker, consider how you can act to make the situation as easy as possible, instead of complaining to third parties.
- Incorporates Relaxation techniques and physical activity in your life, besides having healthy habits in terms of food and sleep. Eliminate toxins from your life as much as possible (alcohol, tobacco, etc.). If you are sleepy or tired, listen to your body and rest as necessary.
- Propose Enjoy the good little moments from day to day; emotional well-being does not depend so much on big projects as on savor daily pleasures -as a desktop or a walk in good company, or having a nice time reading, watching a movie, or playing or chatting with your children-, that sometimes go unnoticed while we think about the holidays or the plan for the next weekend of week.
- Converts difficulties in a personal challenge, and congratulate yourself every time you get to do something that a priori It seemed complicated, or that you had never tried before. Try to keep learning new things, because not only will you feel more prepared to face the problems that arise, but you will also contribute to develop your cognitive abilities (no matter how old you are).